Filed under: blog news
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, it is my distinguished honor and pleasure to present to you the new and improved flotsam/jetsam, or as we’re calling it nowadays…
Filed under: Uncategorized
Sorry for the late post, folks. It’s been a crazy week and I’m a little behind across the board. I guess I’ll start making it a Saturday report instead. No news this week, just posts;
- 01/05 – New Nintendo Box Art Hits Web
- 01/04 – The BBPS Fat Kids Challenge
- 01/04 – Luke Smith is pissed
- 01/03 – Time Magazine’s 25 Top 10 Lists 2006
- 01/03 – Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of people know that.
- 01/03 – Statistically speaking, the PSP has a better library than the DS
- 01/03 – Hudson finally puts our concerns to rest
- 01/03 – Katamari Damacy NOT coming to XBLA
- 01/02 – Ubisoft Oopsies – Bad box info on Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- 01/02 – Hudson: The Redemption
- 01/01 – A Suitcase Full of Memories
- 01/01 – Watching movies on a Wii?
- 01/01 – Preview 360 Themes Online
- 01/01 –Official Response WILL be coming from Hudson on the 800 point R-Type release
- 01/01 – What happened to Dungeon Explorer
- 01/01 – In the Year 2000: You’ll be nicer to me on Live, because I’ll know where you live
- 12/31 – Free New Year’s Events in Canada
- 12/30 – Five Inventions You Didn’t Know Were Canadian
- 12/30 – Otaku Envy: SimCity DS in Japan
- 12/30 – DirtyDiva’s Flickr Faceplates
- 12/29 – Wiinterbells
Filed under: blog news
It’s been pretty quite around here lately, eh? Sorry about that. I’ve been busy, but that’s no excuse. The truth of the matter is, I’ve spent the past week or so figuring out exactly what should be done with flotsam/jetsam. I love writing this blog, and as near as I can tell, a lot of you enjoy reading it. Unfortunately adding my duties over at bitsbytespixelssprites.com to my list of daily responsibilities means something had to be pushed out to make room, and as much as I didn’t want it to, it became f/j. So like I said, I’ve been thinking about what the best course of action might be. The easy thing to do would be to walk away, but despite my previous blogging efforts, that’s not my style anymore. Rather than scrap f/j all together and focus on the other parts of my bloggerly life, I’ve decided it’s time for this place to have a makeover. A major makeover. As such, you won’t be hearing much from me over the next few months. Sorry about that people. My goal is to have everything up and running in the spring. But what could possibly take that long to put together? What will all of these changes be?
- – we’ll be getting an actual domain
- – we’ll be doing a complete visual overhaul – something original, not some template wordpress.com forced upon me.
- – we’ll actually become a “we” – rather than being a blog written, managed, and mauled entirely by yours truly, I’ll be assembling a team of like-minded miscreants over the next few weeks to help me bringf f/j into the 2007’s.
- – we’ll be laying the groundwork for features that we’ll bring about in late 2007 – specifially podcasting and forums.
Now here’s where you come in. I can’t do all of this alone. I’m going to need an experienced Site Administrator. I’m going to need someone who can give the site an original visual polish. I’m going to need an artist who can work with that person. I’m going to need writers. Lots of writers. Myself included, I’m going to be looking for 5 regular contributors, and as many quality guest bloggers who can pop in once a week as I can find. Going forward, flotsam/jetsam is going to be a community effort. If there’s anything you feel you’d like to help out with, any role you’d like to fill, send me an email and we’ll discuss it.
Even though the spitshine is different, the shoes will still be the same. You can expect the same kind of pop culture oddities, irreverant humour, and nonsensical ramblings you’ve come to expect from flotsam/jetsam. The only difference is you’ll be getting more of all of them.
Thanks to everyone out there for making this one of the fastest growing on wordpress.com. It’s going to be a quiet winter around here, but bundle up tight and I’m sure we’ll all pull through. Here’s to hoping that the next time you hear from me, it’ll be with a new URL all our own.
- Your Mom’s Box,
- Jim Squires (aka jimmycanuck)
Filed under: random nonsense
I came across this on the forums at SmartCanucks and I just had to share;
I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I’ve used it all of my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best.
Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how clumsy I was, and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new white blouse! I grabbed my bottle of Tide with bleach alternative, and to my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.
What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect! I thank you, once again, for having a great product.
Well, gotta go, have to write to the Hefty bag people. ”
I know – it’s the same sort of crap that I’d normally give people shit for spamming my inbox with, but for some ungodly reason this one just tickled my funny bone.